Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mom Spotlight - "Eva"

Our next mom spotlight introduces us to Eva, who you may have seen at class lately taking photos of everyone sweating.

Eva writes:

"I guess since I am taking pictures of everyone and invading people's privacy, hahaha, I should let people know a little about me.

My name is Chi Fung, but almost everyone calls me Eva.  "Chi" means smart, and "Fung" means "unpredictable like the wind," so I guess I'm smart and unpredictable.  I got the name Eva from my uncle, after he noticed how everyone was butchering my Chinese name.  Eva means "doll-faced."

I was born in Hong Kong, but moved to Hawaii when I was 4 years old, and pretty much have lived here most of my life.  I graduated from the Universuty of Hawaii at Manoa with a B.Ed in Elementary Education, and taught 6th grade English at Kalakaua Middle School for 2 years.  I am currently on leave to take care of Logan.

My hobbies include eating (who doesn't?!), sleeping (whenever possible) and trying new things as much as possible.
  

Before I had Logan I helped coach my high school's wrestling and judo team.  I'm also nationally certified as a judo referee.  Back in the day, I was wrestling Eastern Division and OIA League champion and State Runner-up.  I also competed nationally in judo tournaments.  The last tournament I competed in was the Collegiate Judo National Tournament in Chicago, and placed 4th in my weight class.

I love Stroller Strides!  I first learned about SS on FitTV while I was pregnant, and was ecstatic when I found out there was a SS in Kapolei (courtesy of Logan's pediatrician's office).  I love how SS motivates all the moms to work out and children to get up and move.  I love how it brings everyone together by having fun activities like beach days, playgroups and ESPECIALLY Mom's Night Out.  With all this motivation, I know that I will be able to reach my fitness goals with the help of STROLLER STRIDES!

Gabe, Logan and Eva