Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Farewell Note from Kim

When we moved to Hawaii, I did not imagine that leaving the island would be more difficult that any other place we've left in the past. The reality is actually quite different. Hawaii, and the wonderful people who call this place home, has truly touched our lives and we leave here with the aloha spirit a part of our soul.

As a member of Stroller Strides, I became part of a group of amazing and accepting mothers, women who encouraged one another and found awesome ways to make a better life for themselves and their families. Exercise was fun, again, and the competitive spirit was engulfed in friendship and love, not maliciousness or menace.

Stroller Strides is truly a unique part of our lives and, dare I say, I've found that even the most difficult workouts leave us wanting more. I became an instructor because I knew I wanted to be more a part of each of your lives. There is not a class that I don't look forward to, not a day that I leave without a smile, not a moment when I could not be more proud of each of you. I've watched so many of your babies turn into toddlers, your toddlers weeble-wobble into a few big-kid moves and, yes, beautiful bellies turn into even more beautiful babies.

Stroller Strides isn't necessarily about fitting into those fab jeans (though, I could not help but see how wowza you all looked at the last MNO!), it's about health and wellness, physical and emotional. I know there are days when it's hard to gather your children, tie those shoes, choke down some breakfast and use the little bit of energy you have left to push that stroller up a hill...but you do. You may not know it, but as instructors, we see you. We are encouraged by you. Your energy and enthusiasm pushes us to give you a better class each time.

Moms helping moms...that's what it's all about....I can't wait to hear all about where life takes each of you. Thank you for being a part of my life, for allowing me to be a part of your life and for being my friends. My love to each and every one of you.

Aloha,
Kim