Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, June 7, 2010

Member Monday

My name is Idanies and I attend the classes at Kapolei Regional Park. I am a first time mom and my baby's name is Ethan. Ethan is currently seven months old. On December 2008, my husband was reassigned to the NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) Hawaii Field Office. We moved from Bahrain and now we are living in the Makakilo area. I enjoy watching movies, listening to music, traveling, meeting people and talking about the things I love.

I am a stay at home mom seeking a fitness routine I can maintain regardless of my location, medical condition and age. Shortly after I had Ethan, I enrolled in mom and baby yoga classes in addition to working out at a gym facility. While at the gym, I tried group exercises, circuit classes and aquaerobics. I could never settle into a consistent routine because it was difficult at times to secure space for Ethan at the gym's child watch or the gym schedule conflicted with what I had planned for Ethan.



I heard about Stroller Strides at a Hawaii Momslikeme.com outing. I have been attending classes at Kapolei Regional Park for a month now and I love it! It is exactly the type of workout I have been searching for. It is challenging, I can work out at a lower level and, what I love the most, is that I can bring Ethan and we both have a great time. I am also enrolled in the L.E.A.N. program where I am learning how to reduce and control stress and make better eating choices to achieve a long-lasting healthy lifestyle.

I am thrilled to be part of your exercise group, you ladies are a true inspiration! I hope to get to know you all better and I look forward to see you all in class.