Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, July 12, 2010

Meet the Trainers: Lauren

Hi! My name is Lauren and I am married to Paul, my husband of eight years. We have 1 beautiful daughter named Lily who is 20 months old, and a baby boy on the way… he’s due in October.

I am originally from New York and Paul is from California. We met while both serving in the Army at Fort Bliss, Texas. Since leaving Texas, we’ve moved to Augusta, GA; Fort Leavenworth, KS; and lastly to Hawaii. What a great move that was! We’ve been here for over 4 years now, and have loved every minute of it.

I have always considered myself an active and athletic person. I used to consider running as a hobby because I loved it so much. I ran my first 5 mile road race when I was in the 2nd grade as a member of my elementary school’s “Jogging Club,” and have been enjoying it ever since.

Before I became pregnant with Lily, I was working as an Army ROTC instructor at the University of Hawaii. I was the instructor for the freshman Army ROTC cadets and a main responsibility of that job was to ensure they could pass the Army Physical Fitness Test by the end of the first semester. I really enjoyed that aspect of the job, helping others achieve their physical fitness goals, which is why I am so excited to come on board as a new instructor for Stroller Strides.

When I became pregnant with Lily, I thought I had to stop working out. At the time, I didn’t know any better and just thought that running was not an option for me anymore. I figured I could pick it up again once she was born, but as a new mom, it was hard for me to find the time to workout. I finally discovered Stroller Strides, and joined them 11 months after Lily was born. It was a great discovery! I love Stroller Strides for many reasons, but mainly because it allows me to easily incorporate physical fitness back into my life. I love the fact that I can include Lily in my workouts and that she will grow up with a positive exposure to physical fitness. I am so thankful for Stroller Strides for getting me back into shape, and really look forward to being one of your instructors!