Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, August 9, 2010

Member Monday

Aloha, my name is Heather. I just had my honeymoon baby, Brady, who was born April 22nd. I recently joined Kapolei Stroller Strides to help me stay active and to burn off those pregnancy pounds.

My husband Gregg and I have lived in Kapolei for about a year. We really enjoy living out on the Leeward side. I was born and raised in Southern California. Once I finished college and got my teacher credential I moved to Maui in 2003 to pursue my lifelong dream to live and teach in Hawaii. After teaching on Maui for three years I moved to Oahu to be closer to my husband and teach at a local school. I have decided to put on hold my teaching career to be a stay-at-home mom to my Bradycakes. I am loving every minute of it!

My husband was in the Navy from '95-'01 and now is a DOD employee working as a Computer Networker at Schofield. In my spare time (*wink wink) I love to read and go to the movies. Have to admit I am a Twi-mom. I also enjoy spending time with my husband at the beach and going to the shrimp shacks on the North Shore.

I have always been an active person. In high school I played soccer and ran track year-round. But after three knee surgeries, I like to do more moderate exercises that don't put too much strain on my knees. That's why I like Stroller Strides because you can work at your own pace and strength level. Hopefully, I will get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and meet some awesome mommies!