Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, August 30, 2010

Member Monday

Aloha! My name is Amanda and I am a mother of two beautiful kids. I have a ten-year-old daughter named Kaeli and an almost 5-month-old son named Devin. I live in Ewa Beach at The Waterfront of Pu’uloa community which is where I primarily attend class.

My family and I moved to Hawaii around 5 years ago to escape the busyness of the mainland. My husband and I wanted to raise our children someplace more family oriented that also had great beaches for all our hobbies. We love to spend the day at the beach stand up paddling, body boarding, swimming or just relaxing with a good book.

My current job is to be a good mom. I taught first grade for four years before my son was born and now I am lucky enough to stay home with him. I am so happy that Stroller Strides was brought into our community because I really wanted to start getting back in shape. I have never been someone who liked to work out or do any sports but I am now learning how fun it can be to exercise. I love going to class, getting in shape and meeting such wonderful women! Mahalo for all the great times and motivation to exercise!