Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gems of the Day

If you know me, then you know that I like to move. And there are so many fun programs out here on the island for us and for our children!

Leah and Caleb recently started taking tae kwon do lessons at Fisher's CTA Blackbelt Academy. The studio is gorgeous and located just down the road from Costco in Kapolei. The kids love learning their kicks and punches and are even acquiring some martial-arts inspired discipline. Love it! If you're interested in the Tiny Tigers program (ages 4-7), let me also add that it gives you just enough time to drop off the kids and pop over to Starbucks for a nice afternoon treat:=)

I've been a long-time student of Coach Jumawan with Pearlside Boxing and his program at Kapolei has just launched Keiki Boxing classes. Oh, if I didn't have to cook dinner and do the laundry! I'd have the kids in boxing too. Classes are held at 2, 3 or 4 o'clock on Tuesday or Thursdays and are geared to children ages 4 to 7.

Both programs also offer adult classes in the evenings (if you aren't too wiped out from Stroller Strides, or are looking to get hubby active too!).