Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, October 4, 2010

Member Monday

Hi, my name is Daphne and I am a proud first-time mom to Ella who was born on 30 May 2010. I plan on attending classes at both Ocean Pointe and Kapolei depending on the night Ella and I have and how quickly we get going in the morning. I also plan on attending some Tuesday and Thursday classes at CORP.

The Army brought my husband, Travis, and I here in 2006, just a couple of months before they shipped him off to Iraq. He spent 15 months in Iraq at that time and I started hitting the gym pretty hard. I got in the best shape of my life and really started to love working out. He came home for a while and I started to slack off, so when I found out he was deploying again I thought for sure I was going to get started back up to my old routine. Little did I know, I was pregnant.

Now that Ella has arrived I am enjoying getting back into shape and I am really excited to be able to do Stroller Strides, not only for me, but as she gets older to instill in her the importance of being healthy and taking care of herself. My goal is to fit back into my clothes again so I don't have to buy more, even though I love shopping, now that I have quit my job to stay home I would rather use our money for other things :)

I enjoy scrapbooking, yet I haven't found the time to do so since Ella was born. I will soon though. I also enjoy reading, traveling, going to the beach, snorkeling, and hiking. I am currently taking online classes in Medical Coding and Billing, which keeps me pretty busy.

I'm really glad I joined Stroller Strides. I am looking forward to making new friends and getting back into shape while doing it.