Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Aloha to Alexa, our Newest Instructor!

Alexa will be here as an instructor for the next few months before she moves back to the mainland. With Michaela on maternity leave, and Jill soon to follow, it's perfect timing! Alexa will be instructing at every location but the Waterfront, so you're sure to meet her soon.

My name is Alexa and I have two children, Destry (2) and Velzy (six months). I am a proud Army wife to my husband, Tony. We are going on seven years of marriage and we have lived in Columbus, GA (twice), Colorado Springs, CO and Hawaii.

Hawaii has by far been our most favorite place the Army has sent us; we have been able to enjoy surfing, hiking, swimming, snorkeling, shelling and biking in the most beautiful place on earth....what's not to love?!

Before my husband deployed, we lived up on the North Shore. Though we loved the lifestyle, it was far away from Stroller Strides classes. Since his return, we have moved to Kapolei and I have had the opportunity to start taking Stroller Strides classes and become an instructor before we move in a few months.

I have always been very active and involved in sports. Growing up, I was a swimmer and a soccer player. I pursued soccer which allowed me to play Division I soccer at the University of Connecticut, and then go on to play professionally for two years in the first ever pro league, Women's United Soccer Association.

I then got married, but continued to be involved in the soccer world through coaching for a college team in Columbus, GA and many youth teams in Georgia and Colorado. I also ran a speed and agility camp for young athletes while we lived in both those places. Once we started our family, it became more difficult to coach. I wanted to find something I could do in which I could continue to help others with children in tow. Stroller Strides is the perfect job!

I love being able to workout with other moms who have similar goals. I love that Stroller Strides still allows me to push myself on a daily basis, just like when I was playing competitive sports. Fitness is my passion and it is so great to be able to share my passion with tons of other moms who love it just as much! Not only that, but we are able to show our children how important it is to have a healthy and active lifestyle. I look forward to teaching and getting to know more Stroller Strides moms!