Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, February 7, 2011

Member Monday

Hi! I'm Melinda, and I have two children that keep me very busy. Max (4) is in preschool and Olivia (10 mo.) is walking!

I'm originally from Akron, Ohio but moved to Northern Virginia/Washington D.C for a Graphic Design job after college. About a year after my move I met my husband, Pat, and not long after that we got married. He works for the DoD and his job moved us here from Virginia about two and a half years ago. We love Hawaii and can't believe we're already at our half way mark in our rotation here!

I've been a stay-at-home Mom since we moved to Hawaii. It was a big adjustment, but it has been a great experience at the same time. I'm really enjoying seeing Livi growing and doing something new every day. I didn't have that experience with Max since I was working and he was in daycare. The part of my job that I miss is being creative, so this year I've come up with two New Year's Resolutions; 1) Daily creativity: take a Photo of the Day; and 2) Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (or less).

It's hard trying to find time to workout, but when I do I've been swimming or using the elliptical. Since having Livi I'm finding it hard to lose the baby weight. I have 15 lbs. to go but feel like I'm at a plateau and just can't get there.

We recently moved from Ewa Beach to Aiea but decided to keep Max in his preschool at Iroquois Point Co-Op. I decided that I'd use that time to workout and that's when my friend Tarah mentioned Stroller Strides. I was so happy to hear that The Waterfront at Pu'uloa group met on the days (and time) my son was at school, and once I tried it out I was hooked!