Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, March 28, 2011

Member Monday II

Hi, my name is Ellen and I attend Stroller Strides at Schofield.

I'm struggling to get back into shape after my Katie Rose was born. She's 7 months old now. I also have a 9 1/2 year old daughter Sierra.

Sierra only knows Hawaii since we've been here since she was about 3 1/2. She has attended Wheeler and now Hale Kula Elementary school. She's in the gifted-talented program and Tae Kwan Do.

I'm a SAHM and finishing the last classes of my BA in Psychology at Chaminade University of Honolulu. I'm hoping to jump right into my masters program (Education, Counseling or Education) wherever we are stationed next. We are expecting to PCS in July.

I've learned that the field of counseling often brings an emotional burden with it so I am hoping to turn running into a hobby. One step at a time I tell myself. I'm finding Stroller Strides quite a challenge. I've been impressed by the friendly participants and the encouragement given by the instructors.