Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, May 2, 2011

Member Monday

Hi everyone!! My name is Melissa and I have three crazy kiddos, Caleb (5 years old), Abby (2.5 years old), and Corabelle (8 months). We live in Honolulu, but I attend classes in Kapolei since I am in the area 3 days a week dropping Caleb off at preschool.

We have lived in Hawaii for almost 3 years and we are definitely enjoying it! My husband is in the Coast Guard so we will be moving next year when he is due to rotate. I'm not sure I will be ready to leave then. I love everything that Hawaii has to offer: beautiful scenery, beaches, gorgeous weather, outdoor activities.

I love to take pictures and decided (after looking through our wedding pictures that were horrible) that I was going to get out and learn everything I could about photography. Since then, I have opened my own photography business and am very excited to see it grow.

Growing up I was very active in soccer, basketball, and softball. Sports were my life and then I had children. Even though I had lost all my baby weight and then some after my daughter, Abby, I didn't feel healthy because I wasn't exercising. The same thing happened after I had Cora.

My New Year's resolution was to focus more on me and take time for myself. So, I started to run. The only time I ever ran before was chasing a ball in sports, not just for fun, so this was new to me. I trained for almost 2 months for the Great Aloha run and I recently ran the Diva Half Marathon. I am also thinking about signing up for the Honolulu Marathon (it gets addicting)!

I joined Stroller Strides so I can incorporate more cross training into my routine. I am really looking to build muscle and tone up. Between running and Stroller Strides, I have already seen a difference physically and mentally. I feel like I am getting my athletic, pre-baby body back:)