Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, September 5, 2011

Member Monday

Hi! My name is Anna and I live on Helamano Military Reservation (just past the Dole Plantation in Wahiawa).

I was born and raised in Minnesota. I am very close with my family and would love to live there again someday.

I am married to Charlie who is in the Army. We moved to Hawaii with our two little dogs Parka(a Bichon) and Winnie (a Maltese) in December of 2008.

We sadly will be leaving in December of this year and moving to Ft. Jackson, South Carolina for five months and then off to Ft. Mead, Maryland for two months. After that we will be stationed somewhere else for two years, we are waiting to find out where. The Army life is an adventure and so far I have really enjoyed it!

I recently started attending classes at Schofield and CORP. I grew up heavily involved in sports, I played basketball for ten years and was a competitive dancer for five years.

When I graduated high school I unfortunately got out of shape and gained some weight. When Charlie deployed in 2009 I lost 25lbs and was fit again! Once Charlie was back from Afghanistan we took a little trip to Las Vegas and came home with a little surprise! Nine months later our beautiful daughter Cecilia "Cici" Lou was born. She has brought an enormous amount of joy to our lives.

Unfortunately I didn't work out much when I was pregnant and I gained 60lbs! Now I am working hard to get the weight off. I would like to be back in shape and a little lighter by December before we leave. Stroller Strides has been a blast so far. I have enjoyed meeting all the other moms and their little ones. I actually look forward to working out in the morning!