Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, October 31, 2011

Member Monday

Hello, my name is Jessica and I attend classes with my 3-month-old daughter, Peyton Emery, at Schofield and CORP.

My husband Jesse and I arrived on the island last October, for our first and last (yay) duty station with the Army.

We are high school sweethearts, both born and raised in a small town in Northern California.

My husband is currently deployed for 12 months in Afghanistan, we have about 155 days left... but who's counting!

Growing up my family was never a very "healthy" family, we never had a gym membership, ate whatever we wanted, etc. My husband played sports in high school and college and he introduced me to a healthy lifestyle.

In Sonoma, I taught Spin class for 6 years, getting certified right after high school and continuing to teach through college. In the last few years I was introduced to the world of CrossFit by my brother-in-law, who is a die hard, and he owns a CrossFit gym and even competed in the games. I was never a die hard, but I loved the intensity of the workouts and the group feel I enjoyed from Spin.

I was introduced to SS through a friend of mine, who suggested it when I told her I was desperate for a good workout and some adult interaction.

I have to admit I thought umm, Stroller Strides, really?! I am so happy I tried it, not only is it a great workout, it has made such an improvement in my day-to-day life. I have met some amazing mommies and it gives me something to look forward to. For me, the intensity of the workouts and group feel are so satisfying, giving me something I thought I could never get again now that I am a mom.

I am dying to fit into those pre-baby jeans that fit so well before the 36 pounds of baby weight I put on.

I guess it's a good thing we live in Hawaii and it is too hot for jeans anyway!