Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, November 7, 2011

Member Monday

Aloha, ladies! My name is Syadra, aka Sage. I am a local girl, born and raised on the leeward side of Oahu.

I am married to my loving husband Derek and we will be making 2 years married and 5 years together.

Together we have 3 beautiful keikis: our daughter Tiahti, 3; our son Anthony, 2; and our newest addition to our Ohana, our son Dayton, 7 months.

We recently moved to Hoakalei Ocean Pointe, Ewa Beach. Seeing everyone well into exercising around here, I thought to myself that I needed to get myself motivated with exercising, not just for myself, but for my kids as well.

Knowing that I had 3 kids and had let myself gain sum pounds, I decided to try and do some laps around Kapolei Park, where my mom has her meetings. I was approached by Jenna, who talked to me about Stroller Strides and that I should join. I told her I would, thought about it and decided to sign up. Friday the 2nd of Sept 2011.

I went to my 1st class where I met Joni. It was an intense work out that Friday that I didn't see coming, lol. But I made it through class, and I felt pretty good doing it. I told myself, if that's what they do, I'm afraid to join. I thought about it over the weekend. I suited up and became a member of SS Kapolei that following Monday.

Ever since then, I've been trying my best to push myself and to try and stay fit. I did my 1st 5k walk/run with Mara for Komen Race for the Cure. Felt awesome that I made it to the finish line and did it for a good cause. I feel that I've been doing a bit better with the exercises and doing a little bit more than I did when I 1st joined SS.

I want to thank Jenna for introducing me to Stroller Strides and to all the SS Kapolei moms/instructors for helping me get through our exercises in class. You all are awesome and I am glad I am a part of Stroller Strides Kapolei.

Aloha Ke Akua, Sage, Derek, Tiahti, Anthony, and Dayton