Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, December 12, 2011

Member Monday

Aloha! My name is Rachel and I have been attending class with my 1-1/2 year old son Sam since early August. We are only able to attend on Thursdays, so you will see us at CORP.

Sam and I LOVE Stroller Strides! Every Thursday, right after we drop off my older children at their science class, Sam starts shouting, "Babies! Babies!" and "Weee! Weee!" knowing that we are on our way to see the Stroller Strides babies and play at the playground.

My family moved to Hawaii from Virginia Beach in the summer of 2009 thanks to my husband Kevin's job in the Navy. We were excited to be coming back to Hawaii, but it was hard to say goodbye to my Stroller Strides family in VA. I had owned the franchise there for 6 years and it was such a huge part of our lives.

My husband and I made the decision to homeschool our older children, Patrick, who will be 10 next week, and Megan, 7, and so fitting in Stroller Strides has been difficult. Now that they attend a science class on Thursday mornings, I have been able to introduce fitness and fun, the Stroller Strides way, to my youngest child and I LOVE it!!

My first and most important goal with exercise is simply to honor and care for the amazing gifts of life and a healthy body. I believe a healthy, active lifestyle is a must and that requires a healthy diet and some sort of physical activity every day. If you have seen me at class, though, you know I take it beyond that, I really enjoy pushing my body to its limits and seeing what I am capable of.

One of my favorite things about Stroller Strides is that it accommodates me, and any other mom, no matter what her goals are. I can remember attending class in the first few months after having a baby when my only goal was to make it out the door, talk to a few adults, and move my body enough to know that it still worked. I was just trying to save my sanity. And then, as each of my babies became older, I sought to regain a healthy lifestyle and I focused a little more on the exercise aspect of Stroller Strides, not just the social. And, for me, each time I got back to the point where I felt I was healthy, I then wondered just what I could do if I pushed a little more.

I am enjoying getting to know a new Stroller Strides ohana and I hope to see you at class soon!