Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, January 9, 2012

Member Monday

Helllooo my name is Salamasina Merry Kawaauhau but my family and people at home (American Samoa) know me by Merry, the only people that call me Sala are people that I met after I left home. Of course since I met everyone at SS through Jen, Merry's what I'm going by there too...it certainly does get confusing at times...lol

Anyways I'll be attending SS in Kapolei on Mon, Wed and Fri since I'm off Mon, Tues and Wed and I work nights on Thurs and Fri.

We live in Makakilo and we moved to Hawaii in 2008 when my husband and I separated from the Air Force. My husband's local and Hawaii puts me closer to my family so Hawaii was a given for us when it came to moving and settling down. My husband is from Waianae and he works at Airgas Gaspro in Campbell.

I have a 5 year old daughter and a 1 year old son. I love to spend time with my family. I love to hang out with my kids, it's really interesting watching their personalities develop. I also love to lay around and do absolutely nothing. I'm an Air Traffic Controller and a mommy to 2 super active kids so I take advantage of any time I have to do absolutely nothing and I love any time I have to not have to think ;) I love lazying around so I go to work, come home, make sure everything's squared away with the kids just so I could sit around and do nothing.

I love SS because class is right down the street and I can go right after I drop off my daughter to school. My son is so not a home body so I know he loves anything that gets him out of the house. I'm hoping to lose as much weight as I can because I would love to have another baby not to mention SS kicks my butt, but I feel so much better throughout the day. I feel so accomplished after a session of a SS. I also love food and beer so that doesn't help my mission :(

Buuut just after less than a month of sessions I'm more and more motivated to keep on keeping on because I can fit in my jeans that I wasn't able to after I gave birth=) I wish I weighed myself before starting SS because I know I lost weight and inches but I just don't know how much:(

Anyways I love SS in Kapolei and I love how there's different instructors and I intend to continue going so long as my laziness doesn't overthrow my motivation to stay active!