Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Friday, April 27, 2012

Meet Brittney... Another New Instructor!



Hi! My name is Brittney and I’ve been living in Hawaii for almost 2 years now. I’m happily married to the love of my life, Josh and we have a one-year-old son name Paxton and 2 overly spoiled dog babies, Cooper and Skip.
Josh is a nuclear electrician in the Navy and was lucky enough to land a shore duty billet here at Pearl Harbor. Before having our little bundle of love, I earned my B.S. in Speech and Language Pathology and have just recently started working on my Master’s degree at UH Manoa. Needless to say, school is much more interesting now that I have a one-year-old cutie pie to keep me entertained!
Growing up I never really ate healthy, but I managed to keep in shape by staying active in sports. During high school I played soccer and softball, ran track, and participated in competition cheerleading. My husband is also very athletic and was always great at persuading me to go to the gym with him. After finding out I was pregnant, my motivation for the gym quickly decreased, but, on the bright side, eating healthy became a priority.
While I was pregnant I began seeing a nutritionist, I watched every food documentary on Netflix about a zillion times, and read as many clean eating books as I could get my hands on. My husband says I’m slightly obsessive in this area (I may agree with him just a little…) and wasn’t quite on board with it at the time, but he’s gotten much more into it since we had our son. Setting a positive example for Paxton and showing him how great it is to be active and eat healthy is so rewarding for both of us.
After moving to Hawaii and having my son, Stroller Strides was such a blessing! I didn’t know very many people, but thankfully a good friend and now super awesome instructor told me about Stroller Strides and invited me to come check it out. After my first class I was hooked! It is so motivating to workout alongside such an inspiring group of moms. Not only have I met a ton of great friends through Stroller Strides, but I have also learned to love that feeling of being pushed past my comfort zone. Since joining stroller strides I’ve ran a half marathon, a 10k, and worked out harder than I ever thought I could.
I’m in the best shape of my life and I owe it all to Stroller Strides. I’m so excited to be able to have this opportunity to share my passion for staying active and living a healthy lifestyle with all of you! :-)