Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, October 18, 2010

Member Monday

Hi! I’m Rachel and my daughter is Ellie. She’s almost six months old and I decided it was time for us to get out and get some more exercise!!

I heard about Stroller Strides though a friend of mine, Gloriana. We’re both in the Navy as is my husband, Jay.

I’ve spent the better part of ten years stationed in Hawaii and just love being out in the lovely weather, that’s why SS seems ideal to me! I can only attend Saturday classes on Saturday at CORP due to my weekday work schedule.

I’m 31 years old and have noticed that I have to work a lot harder to keep in shape these days and now after the baby even more so! Ellie is my first. I’d love to get back some strength and endurance that I had before and even possibly train for a half marathon again. I’ve done three in the last five years and just love them! I’m looking forward to getting to know all the other SS ladies and to make some more “mommy” friends. :-)