Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, February 14, 2011

Member Monday

Hi everyone! My name is Faith. I have one precious little girl named Haley Grace and she is 2 years. She is full of energy. We primarily attend classes at Schofield Barracks and Central Oahu Regional Park.

My family and I just recently moved from Virginia Beach, Virginia to Hawaii in December. We live in Mililani. My husband is in the U.S. Navy so we moved out here for his new duty station in Pearl Harbor, HI. We will be here for three years.

My family and I love to be outdoors. We spend most of our weekends going on hikes or playing at the beach. My husband and I have recently adopted a raw food eating style so on the weekends we have also been trying different recipe ideas. We are trying to eat at least 80 percent raw foods. It has been fun and challenging all at the same time. The food is unbelievable good (coming from a country girl that was raised on steak and potatoes), but I am just not use to not cooking. Granted, I still cook for Haley. At this time we are about 60 percent raw and definitely working towards 80 :)

As for me and my own hobbies and interest, I love music (all kinds). I also enjoy reading, but I have not been able to do too much in the last year and half. I have been working on my Master's so school books have been the only books I have been reading lately. I graduate in March and I am really excited!!!! I cannot wait to have a little free time and do something else instead of writing a paper or posting on class discussions :)

I have always really like running. I was a cross-country runner in high school, but unfortunately my husband hated running so I started not doing it as much. My relationship with exercise is great, but I do have one area that always needs work and that is my abs. Even in my best of shape, my abs never seems to get tight. I will admit I hate abs cause they hurt and they also take forever to get tight and strong.

One of my biggest reasons to join Stroller Strides is to keep in good shape, meet people and let my daughter get some time in with other kids.

Look forward to seeing you all in class :)