Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, March 21, 2011

Member Monday

Hi, my name is Mara and I split my Stroller Strides time between CORP and Kailua.

I have an almost 9 month old son named Deene who is the fattest preemie you've ever seen. He is such a good baby and he makes me smile every day.

My husband and I are originally from Northeast Ohio, about an hour south of Cleveland. We grew up ten minutes down the road from each other, but didn't meet until he was home on transfer leave from the Navy.

He has been in Hawaii since December of 2005 and I moved out here in September of 2007. Our three year wedding anniversary is at the end of the month.

Aside from playing softball growing up, I've never been big on exercise. I've always had the desire to work out and live a healthier lifestyle, but I didn't think I could do it.

I'm so glad that I found Stroller Strides. I went to my first class in mid-January and wanted to quit (a few times!) before it was over. I'm so glad that I stuck it out and that I went back the next day.

I never thought I would come to a place in my life where I would enjoy and look forward to working out! I did the Swamp Romp last month and I still can't believe that I finished. I have also lost almost fifteen pounds. I know that neither of these things would have happened if it weren't for Stroller Strides! I'm definitely hooked! =)