Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, April 4, 2011

Member Monday II

Hi, my name is Emily and I am a Navy wife with two little girls ages 4 and 1 1/2.

This is my second time out in Hawaii. I attended Hawaii Pacific University and graduated with a B.A. in English.

While I was in school I met my husband. We were married in Pittsburgh PA (where I am from). We had our oldest daughter on Oahu and then moved to Washington state for two and a half years and now we're back.

I love reading, finding new places to go on walks/explore on the island, and taking pictures of my girls and the pretty sites.

As far as working out goes, currently I classify myself as a thin but out of shape person and I am working to change that.

I was very active in high school. I played field hockey, basketball and lacrosse. I was set to play field hockey and lacrosse in college but a few concussions, specifically the one that benched me for the last month of my senior season of lacrosse, scared me out of playing, so I transferred to HPU and the rest is history.

I primarily attend the CORP location and I'm really enjoying Stroller Strides!