Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome to our Newest Instructor!


My name is Kim and I'm very thankful for the wonderful opportunity I have to be able to stay at home with my three-year-old daughter, Chloe. I met my husband, Pat, while we were both working on our undergraduate degrees at the University of New Hampshire. I became a nurse, most recently working in a mother baby unit in Kansas while Pat completed medical school there. He is now in the general surgery residency at Tripler Army Medical Center.

I heard about Stroller Strides from a friend in Kansas just before we moved, who had found a coupon for a free week of classes. I checked it out and sure enough there was a class held in the neighborhood we were moving into (Ocean Pointe).

I didn't plan on signing up, figuring it was just moms walking around the neighborhood chit-chatting, but went to a class to check it out. I quickly found that my presumption couldn't have been more wrong, finding myself sore from the intense workouts but loving it! After the first class I knew I would join and I've been so happy with that decision ever since. I've met and become friends with so many great moms and I have Stroller Strides to thank for that.

In high school I was a sprinter in track and developed a love for fitness and nutrition. Since then I've continued to love running. Now I enjoy running and the full-body workout Stroller Strides gives you. I enjoy shorter distances and like running in 5 and 10K races. Hawaii is a wonderful place to get fit and stay fit, you always have wonderful weather and beautiful sites to see!

I'm a bit on the shy side but I am so excited about the great chance I've been given to instruct for Stroller Strides and I look forward to assisting everyone with their fitness goals.