Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, June 13, 2011

Member Monday

Aloha! My name is Anja. I am a first time mommy to my son Max. He is 9 months old.

My husband Mathias and I came to Hawaii in November 2009. We were both born and raised in Germany and started dating in college.

We traveled the globe together and after seeing many countries and cultures, we knew we wanted to live abroad and experience something new.

In 2005, when we got married, I was working for an international corporation in Heidelberg, Germany as a translator and interpreter. Mathias was working for another enterprise with offices worldwide and they asked him to move to Atlanta, Georgia to set up a new department. A few months later, we started our new life in the USA. We have immediately felt the southern hospitality and liked the international vibe in Atlanta; plus the weather was so much better than in Germany. However, after almost 4 years in Atlanta, we felt like it was time to move on and find a place closer to the beach.

My husband was lucky to find a good position out here in Hawaii. We moved again and only a few weeks after we arrived, we found out we were expecting our first baby!

Right before becoming pregnant, I was in great shape. I have been an avid fitness kick boxer and instructor in Atlanta. It was my addiction and I planed everything else around my class schedule.

I stayed pretty active throughout my pregnancy by running/walking and swimming several times a week. However, it got boring and I missed the group workouts.

I have always seen you ladies working out when I passed Kapolei Park and I knew this is what I wanted to do after having the baby!

It took me much longer than expected to get back in a workout routine. I needed to adjust to being home with a baby, nursing on demand and the lack of sleep. However, I started to miss more and more how energized and strong I always felt after a workout. And mostly, being a stay-at-home mom, I wanted to get out and meet other moms and give Max an opportunity to make little friends as well.

So here we are, just a few weeks in and already loving Stroller Strides. I have more energy, more endurance and I enjoy getting to know you all. Everyone has been really nice and welcoming. Glad to be a part of the Kapolei group!