Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, September 19, 2011

Member Monday

My name is Ashley, and recently I joined the Kapolei Stroller Strides classes. I live in Makakilo City.

My husband has been in the Army for 11 years and last year got orders to be stationed here in Hawaii. Our family has been here since January 2010. I love being an Army wife and supporting our troops!

I am a proud Mom of two amazing little boys, Hayden, age 7 and Carson, 20 months! I am also a hair stylist and have been doing hair for over five years now...I love my profession! Not only is it a job for me but it's also a hobby because I enjoy making people feel good about themselves!

Moving to Hawaii has been a great experience for my family. Not long after coming to Hawaii my husband was set to deploy to Afghanistan, so we decided that I take the opportunity to stay at home and concentrate on our children throughout his deployment. I have to say it was the best decision!

I am loving being involved in Hayden's taekwondo, Cub Scouts and the time I get everyday with my little Carson who I refer to as my monkey! The things that these boys do everyday make me laugh and smile constantly -- I am blessed to not be missing these moments! I am also blessed to have the support of my husband! Although I miss being in the salon, I still get the opportunity to practice hair, but do it from home where I can still be with my boys!

It wasn't until after I had Carson I was determined to make a change in my health and fitness! When I began my fitness program and started working towards a goal, I soon began to reach that goal! I was amazed at the awesome feeling it gave me to accomplish it! My goals for fitness are to keep my interest in working out, staying fit as well as have tone and keep my energy level up!

I like to do Body Insanity, P90X, and now Stroller Strides! I have enjoyed Stroller Strides! It's fun to get out and meet other girls who all share a common interest and have similar stories!