Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, September 26, 2011

Member Monday

Aloha! My name is Kelsey and I live in Kapolei with my boyfriend, Mike, and 7-month-old daughter, Ella. This has been one hell of a year even a horoscope would be hard-pressed to predict.

If you spoke with me two years ago I’d tell you I would be a successful VP of Marketing at a prestigious firm in my humble abode on Park Ave in NYC by the end of 2012. Then reality hit, I was love stricken and life took off! We found out we were pregnant right before Mike was about to leave for a four-month “underway” on his new submarine USS North Carolina last July.

Ella was quite the little miracle as I had been in and out of the hospital due to the new diagnosis of Crohn’s Disease. With the new diagnosis came several CAT scans, medications and the daunting reality of a colonoscopy (might I add: no 23 year old should EVER have to go through that process). Needless to say, I flew here at eight months pregnant (elephant feet anyone?) in November 2010 and underwent numerous genetic testings, sonograms and doctor visits. Our little love came out perfect.

I am a stay-at-home mom, housekeeper, terrible cook and desperate to get back in shape. Having moved across the world to Hawaii with neither friends nor family I was quite anxious with all the ‘new’ I now had to embrace. Granted, rich relationships are a product of who you are, not where you are. I knew I’d make new friends wherever I went, I pushed my boundaries and here I am.

Stroller Strides is perfect for me. Fitness has always been important to me and I intend on demonstrating healthy living to my children (I plan for three more – Mike is aware and totally on board!). Throughout my school years I was a competitive swimmer, after school ended I put my life into the gym and would spend 3-4 hours a day there. Mike had also introduced me into the CrossFit world. At my peak fitness level I was training for a triathlon, which I ended up postponing after discovering our new bundle of love joining our family.

I continued Crossfit modified for pregnancy for a few months, but ultimately indulged and took full advantage of guilt-free eating. Fifty pounds later I decided I would eat myself to my grave if I continued this habit.

Once Ella was born I lost the pregnancy pounds (um, she was 7.4lbs, where’d the rest come from?!) in the coming months and now I am looking to get toned. I’d love to see my abs again and I may give my right arm for my jawline again.

Kelsey's goal: To get back her pre-baby body back!