Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Meet our OTHER Newest Instructor!

Stacey is also coming on board to teach at SS and fingers crossed, she'll be instructing at Hickam soon!

Hi! My name is Stacey and I have lived here in beautiful Hawaii for 2 years. I am married to the love of my life, David, and we have a son Jack, who will be 3 at the end of October.

I was born and raised in Connecticut and lived in Virginia when I was in the U.S. Navy. I thank the Navy for pretty much everything that has happened to me since I joined.

I was a machinist mate stationed on the USS Enterprise. I have traveled to more places than I ever imagined I would in my life, including here is Hawaii where we are currently stationed.

I met my husband while stationed on the Enterprise and I became pregnant with our son Jack. Three months before we got to Hawaii I said good-bye to my active duty lifestyle and hello to being a stay-at-home mom and a full-time student and I wouldn’t change it for a thing.

All my life I have been very active. I started dancing when I was three and didn’t stop until I was 21. Dancing is the one thing that I have ALWAYS been pretty good at but there isn’t a day that goes by when I don’t think about dancing on stage. I also ran track in high school and played softball.

The day Jack was born, I almost passed out when I stepped on the scale. Oh my gosh I seriously thought I would never in my life break 200 pounds... but that’s what not working out while pregnant can do to you I guess. So when we moved here Jack was almost 1 and since we live in a place where it is summer all the time...I knew I needed my bikini body back.

Stroller Strides was exactly what I needed when we moved here. I have met some of the most amazing and inspiring women while I have been at SS. Also my son has made what he calls his “bestest friends” and it is all because of SS that has made me not so homesick, get out of my house, and made me a healthier woman.

I can also give credit to SS for my running capabilities these past 2 years. Since I started I have done three 5k’s, one 10k, and the Great Aloha Run... and I plan to keep running more! I have been a member for almost 2 years and now have a great opportunity to be a Stroller Strides Instructor. I can’t wait help women achieve their goals not just in fitness but in life as well.