Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, January 2, 2012

Member Monday

Aloha! I'm Sharon and I'm a new member of the Stroller Strides ohana. I primarily attend classes at CORP with Ava, my five month old daughter, as we live in Pearl City but we also enjoy joining everyone in Kapolei.

Hawaii has been home for over six years now. Back in 2003, Aaron, my then boyfriend and now husband, and I came to Oahu for vacation. Hawaii was halfway between Colorado, where I was attending law school, and South Korea, where he was stationed with the U.S. Army. During that trip, Aaron asked me if I'd like to live in Hawaii someday and the rest is history.

Aaron is now a captain with the Hawaii Army National Guard and has one of the best views of the island from his office in Diamond Head crater. I am now a full-time mommy to Ava, after spending the past four and a half years as an attorney for the City and County of Honolulu. It was a tough decision not to go back to work because the people I worked with were fabulous, but I'm really happy that I'll be able to experience all of Ava's firsts. Our four-year-old English Mastiff, Gracie, is also really happy that I spend more time at home with her! Plus, it gives me a chance to pursue my passion of making jewelry.

I joined Stroller Strides because I miss my old pants! I'm not in shape by any means (being a desk slug will do that to you!) but everyone has been very supportive and encouraging. I enjoy the variety of workouts at Stroller Strides, chatting with the other moms, and seeing Ava interact with all the other little ones.

Hope to see you at CORP or Kapolei soon!