Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Friday, May 11, 2012

Goodbye from Lauren...

I can't believe it's time for me to say goodbye!  I still remember the first day I first joined Stroller Strides. It was right around Halloween of 2009.  I was driving by Kapolei Park and saw a group of women, all in costumes, running around the park with their jogging strollers.  I immediately went home and googled "Kapolei and strollers" and the first thing that popped up was "Stroller Strides".  I joined that very day, and am so happy that I did!

Stroller Strides has been so much more than a fitness class for me.  It has become a new way of life.  I can look back on my life so far and see that fitness has always been a part of it, but I never would have seen the value of bringing my children to an exercise class with me if it wasn't for Stroller Strides.  I may have just joined a gym and dropped my kids off at daycare, but then they would miss out on so much.  They would miss out on that early life lesson of how important healthy eating and staying fit really is.  I love that my daughter will ask me if I'm going to exercise every time we go to a new park or playground.  It's as if that is normal behavior, that every mom exercises at the playground...and I think that's great!

I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment I've spent both instructing and taking classes with Stroller Strides.  I have met the most incredible and inspiring women, and have made some great friends who I will truly miss.  I have seen women totally transform their bodies and others reach goals that they never thought possible.  I've watched your babies grow alongside mine, and watched them become friends as we've become friends.  My fondest memories of Hawaii will surely be Stroller Strides and the women who are part of it. 

You are all amazing!  Fit Moms Rock!  
Aloha