Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Friday, June 15, 2012

Meet Our Newest Instructor...



Hello, my name is Jessica and I attend Stroller Strides with my daughter Peyton,who will be one in July.
My husband Jesse and I arrived on the island about two years ago, for our first and last duty station with the Army. We live near Schofield and have throughly enjoyed our time here in paradise.
We are high school sweethearts, both born and raised in a small town in Northern California, Sonoma.
Growing up my family was never a real "healthy" family, we never had a gym membership, I wasn't big in youth sports and we ate whatever we wanted. It was when I met my husband who played sports in high school and college, that I was introduced to a healthy and active lifestyle.
In Sonoma, I taught spin class for 6 years, getting certified right after high school and continuing to teach through college.
I was introduced to Stroller Strides through a friend of mine, who suggested it when I told her I was desperate for a good workout and some adult interaction, after having my daughter and my husband heading back to Afghanistan 10 days later. I will admit I was skeptical, and nervous. I was so used to spin classes I was worried about making such a big departure. I am so happy I tried it, not only was it a great workout, I enjoyed that same group feel I got from spin. It has made such an improvement in my day to day life, I have met some amazing moms, and Peyton has made some great friends. I am so excited to start instructing, and looking forward to sharing my passion for fitness and Stroller Strides with all you inspiring moms.