Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Meet Our Newest Instructor!




Aloha!  My name is Ashley Astorga and I am a full time mom and loving wife to my daughter Adalynn (7 months) and husband Arnulfo (friends call him Astro).

Fitness has pretty much been apart of my life since I was a kid, but I didn’t really get to the level I am now until I joined the Army. I was first stationed at Camp Humphrey’s Korea where I met my husband, a Chinook pilot with the Army.  We got married when I came home from Korea and spent the next two and half years stationed two and half hours from each other.  During this time we were both deployed to Afghanistan.  It was while I was there that I really dove head first into working out.  I spent A LOT of time in our gym and I got into the best shape of my life.  I felt amazing and was able to out perform a lot of the guys in my unit, which was an amazing feeling.   

I decided to end my time on active duty so that I could focus on our family and June of last year I officially became a member of the Hawaii Army National Guard.  It was around the same time that I started attending Stroller Strides as one of the pregnant mommies.  I was so scared of gaining too much weight!  I know myself and I know how hard it is for me to loose extra pounds that I pack on.  I may have gained more than I wanted to during my pregnancy but because of Stroller Strides my fitness level was not at level zero when I started working out again post pregnancy.  I was able to complete my 3rd half marathon only three and half months after having Addie and I contribute a lot of that to Stroller Strides!! SS has been such an amazing blessing in my life.  Not only did I get some really good work outs, but I was able to connect with moms that could help me out when I had questions.  I was going through such a HUGE change in my life from being an active duty Army Officer to becoming an at home mom, going from being in the best shape of my life to becoming pregnant and having to recognize my physical limits.  It seemed overwhelming at times but through the amazing support that I got from my Stroller Strides family, I was able to handle what ever it was I was dealing with. 

Can’t wait to work out with some amazing Mommies!!!