Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, May 16, 2011

Member Monday

Hi, my name is Kathy and my son is Alexander (3 months old).

We live in Mililani and attend Schofield classes and may sometimes pop in at CORP one day a week.

I'm born and raised in Hawaii and met my husband Bryan 8 years ago when he was in the Navy. He's currently a federal contractor and works out of Wahiawa and is in the Navy Reserves.

I work part time at LCC adult education dept as a curriculum developer/instructor. I love my "NEW" job which allows me to work from home and teach classes a few times a week. I enjoy planning events with our friends on the weekends, I call them family fun days. We try to do different things such as hiking, beach, bbq, game nights, etc.

I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy and realized I needed help losing weight. One night I read about Stroller Strides on a discussion forum for moms in Hawaii. I attended my first class 3-4 weeks ago and knew that this would be a challenge for me since I'm not a very active person.

The support that I got from the other moms were amazing and they always remind me how hard it was but it got easier. My goal is to lose 15 pounds and to be healthy and feel great about myself. I love Stroller Strides because it allows me to work out, meet new people and to be with my son all at the same time.