Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, June 4, 2012

Member Monday


Aloha! My name is Kerri and I have 7 month old son Xavier.  We mainly attend the Kapolei location, but will be visiting CORP more often.  My husband and I moved to Ewa Beach in the summer of 2009, because I got an opportunity of a life time to help open and be an assistant manager for the first Victoria's Secret in Hawaii.   About a year ago, I transfered to our sister company, helping open the first Bath and Body Works in Hawaii as assistant manager.  I love my job, and am learning to balance working full-time while being a mom, and my husband going back to school to earn his degree in Civil Engineering.
My husband and I love the great outdoors.  I love Hawaii because there are so many locations for hiking and snorkeling, which are my two favorite hobbies. I especially like to get out and hike with my two German Shepherd dogs.
I joined Stroller Strides because before becoming pregnant I was training for my first marathon.  I would run around the Ocean Pointe area and see all these women and their strollers wearing "Fit Mommies Rock" shirts.  I knew I wanted to join if I had a child.  I ended up putting my marathon training on hold to have Xavier.  So this year is my year, to get back in shape, start training and preparing for my first marathon (the Honolulu Marathon), which also happens to be on my 36 birthday.  AlI though I prefer strength training, it has always been on my bucket list to run in a marathon.  I'm also happy that while preparing for the marathon, I get to spend time meeting other mothers and making new friends. Mahalo Trish and Stroller Strides.