Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, July 16, 2012

Member Monday


My name is Barbara. My husband and I met in high school in our hometown of Tampa, Fl. We have been married for 11 years and have spent those years traveling the globe and fulfilling his military obligations. We have a two year old son named Landon and 4 months ago his little brother Kaleb was born. The primary SS location I attend is Schofield Barracks where my family is stationed. I joined SS because I love the idea of being active with my children outdoors. After Kaleb was born, I have been dedicated to eating/being healthier and I am hoping that SS will give me the extra motivation I need to become more active. I enjoy everything that the outdoors has to offer, whether it's lounging at the beach or going on an afternoon hike. My favorite things to do besides spending time with my family are traveling and photography.

I recently ran in the 4th of July 5k. My goal for the race was to complete the race without walking, which I did!!! This was the first time I've run since I had my baby and only the second time I've run in any type of competitive type racing since high school.