Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Meet Our Newest Instructor



Hey, I’m Samantha.  I have been married to my husband Justin for 6 years now and have a crazy son Waylon who is almost 2.  We have two fur babies that create a great dynamic, our cat Jada and our dog Roxxxie.  I was born and raised in Iowa where I grew up on a farm. While in high school I participated on the dance team and used it to stay in great shape.  After high school I went through cosmetology school, and that is where I met my husband.  After cosmetology school I completed massage therapy school, learning various types of massage.   After Justin finished his Navy schooling in South Carolina he was stationed in Hawaii and brought me along for the trip.   I found myself managing a salon with very little motivational downtime.  After the first trip to Hawaii we moved to Virginia, where I worked in a high energy salon and occasionally worked out with a friend.  After Virginia we were lucky enough to pull shore duty in Hawaii.  I was grateful for a second chance here.  Shortly after returning I  became pregnant with Waylon.  After my pregnancy I found most of the clothes in my closet didn’t fit anymore and decided that it was time to get back in shape.   It was at this point that I was finally introduced to Stroller Strides.  I was instantly addicted and my only regret was that I hadn’t started sooner.  I was able to enjoy being outside in beautiful Hawaii, meet supportive women, entertain Waylon, and make some really great friends.  I even find myself looking forward to my mornings (even though I have never really considered myself a morning person).  I am excited to spread my addiction for exercise and help others to reach their own goals!