Welcome to FIT4MOM, Central Leeward Oahu

Monday, July 8, 2013

Shantea's Success Story






Aloha!!! My name is Shantea Pierce I am the mother of 5 awesome kids four girls to include 6year old twins, an 8 year old and 11year old with one 3year old baby boy. Not to mention the wife to a rocking man. Before I had kids and even after the first two I never really had weight issues I always breastfed and ate moderately healthy and the weight would just come off I usually weighed 145-150lbs. Well after the twins I was stuck at 179-180lbs. Soon after having Isaiah we moved to Hawaii and I was referred to stroller strides while on a walk in the neighborhood.  I started out on the South side of the island in October of 2011, while my husband was deployed. I weighed about 169-170lbs. Soon after he got back my attendance started slipping, followed by my own health issues I quickly found myself overwhelmed by life changes. One would be the move from Ewa Beach to Schofield. Great move financially but I hated leaving the friends I had made. During the move of 2012 and the holidays of that year I soon realized on December 27, 2012 the day after my husband deployed yet again, that I looked the way I felt…heavy…I weighed 196lbs. So at the beginning of the new year as cliché as it may sound I told myself that if I’m not happy with the way I look the only one who could change it would be me. I decided to push myself and set no limits. So I showed up to my first class at Schofield in the rain and worked out. I haven’t stopped going since after my first two weeks the GFC was offered and I looked at it as an opportunity to do just what I said I would push myself. At the beginning I still weighed 196lbs my Chest 37.5 my waist 35, and my hips 43 inches. After running all those races and working out almost 6 times a week for 8 weeks my results were: chest 35.5 waist 31. Hips, 40.5. And I weighed 168lbs. Since then I have done my first half marathon with a time of 2:19. I now weigh 150lbs and I wear a size 3 pants I haven’t done that since before all 5 kids!!!! I have made awesome friends and have gained phenomenal confidence. The change in me can be felt by anyone closest to me, my beautiful children, an even my husband, he can feel the change through every phone call, and FaceTime, and that means the world to me. My SS ohana from the South side to the North side have made all the difference in my life and I will forever be grateful to these powerful, encouraging, women I mean that from the bottom of my heart. These Fit Moms truly ROCK!!!